The vision of RILS is to be amongst the premier institutions par excellence in the country.
The mission of RILS is nurturing students to realize their potential and evolve themselves to be competent exponents of legal profession.
Developing ethical and value based globally competitive professionals to the legal fraternity, who will effectively contribute to the noble cause of constitutional law, social justice and enduring welfare of human kind.
Evolving a culturally sensitive and socially responsible citizens.
The Quality Policy of RILS is to meet or exceed students’ expectations by:
- Assurance of learning
- Career development
The policy also aims at meeting or exceeding expectations of all stakeholders – faculty, staff, parents, promoters, regulators, corporate, employers, national and international legal fraternity and society.
WHY RILS ?
BUILD YOUR CAREER IN LAW
- Responding to the demand for competent legal professionals, M.S.RAMAIAH FOUNDATION has ventured into establishing a pathbreaking law school – “RAMAIAH INSTITUTE OF LEGAL STUDIES” (RILS).
- RILS is headed by Dr. M.R. Pattabiram, with over 30 years of rich academic exposure, experience and has nurtured various M S Ramaiah institutions viz, Medical College, Management Institute, Law College and a 700 bed hospital of the Group.
- RILS as a growth initiative, and to cater to the increasing demand for globally competent legal professionals, we wish to extend our domain of providing quality education, in the field of Law. We propose to start the course, from the academic year 2016-17.
- RILS will have members in the Advisory Council of eminent professionals from national and international legal services, organizations & firms.
- RILS will have qualified and dedicated faculty, support staff with excellent state of the art infrastructure including computer labs with latest software and teaching aids. A well-equipped library to enable creation of a “Competent Legal Professional Asset” to the legal fraternity and society at large is being developed.
BA.LLB : A five year integrated programme leading to award of dual degree BA-LLB of Karnataka State Law University (KSLU), Hubli. This will provide a wider horizon of opportunity in legal department of industry / corporates and to be independent practitioners of law.
BBA.LLB : A five year integrated programme leading to award of dual degree BBA-LLB of Karnataka State Law University (KSLU), Hubli. This combination will provide opportunity in industry / corporates in managing legal aspects of all the facets of business.
Applicants should have passed +2/ PUC or equivalent
- with a minimum of 45% (University norm)
- Institution’s preference is 70%
- Reservation as per Government of Karnataka regulations will apply
Applicants who have not passed out from PU Board, Karnataka, should obtain eligibility certificate from Karnataka State Law University, Hubli, through RILS.
Applicants should have qualified in any one of entrance examinations :
CLAT, LSAT, AILET or RILS entrance test.
Admissions are through invitation only. Candidates are encouraged to apply on-line.
Short listed candidates will be called for a personal interview. The final decision for admission will be based on the academic record and performance in personal interview.
The following original documents are required to be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission:
- Marks sheet of class X.
- Marks sheet of class XII.
- Transfer certificate.
- Migration certificate in case of non-Karnataka candidates.
- Eligibility certificate from KSLU, where applicable.
- – All-India inter-collegiate law festivals.
- – Case law workshops.
- – Comfortable and safe hostel facilities.
- – Community connect through institutional social responsibility – ISR.
- – Computer applications.
- – Debates on concurrent national and international issues of concern.
- – Effective English communication.
- – Educational loan from leading Banks.
- – Emergency medical training.
- – Exposure to functioning of Karnataka State Bar Council & Bar Council of India.
- – Faculty directed independent research projects.
- – First aid training.
- – Foreign trips – optional – to get exposure to legal environments in selected countries.
- – Guest lectures by eminent legal experts – national and international laws.
- – In-house workshops & presentations.
- – Internship with MNCs and leading legal firms.
- – Laptops.
- – Legal aid camps.
- – Legal workshops – create live legal situations.
- – Medico-legal workshops.
- – Mentoring.
- – Moot courts.
- – Participation in workshops and seminars organised by Bar Council of India, Karnataka State Bar Council and Karnataka State Law University, Hubbali.
- – Personal and professional ethics.
- – Personal and professional grooming and etiquettes.
- – Professional counselling.
- – Regular Guest lectures and seminars.
- – Seminars in concurrent issues and ensuing challenges.
- – Societal development programmes (tree plantation, blood donation camps, surveys, traffic awareness programmes, aiding the needy during natural calamities through HELP, Swacha Bharath etc).
- – Sports and cultural events
- – Student development programmes – Legal services requirement.
- – Student research projects.
- – Training for All India Bar Examinations (AIBE) at the end of the course.
- – Uniform.
- – Value added courses.
- – Indian heritage
- – Consumer protection laws
- – Criminology
- – Operations management
- – Editing of legal journals
- – Workshops to handle live situations and find solutions.
- – Yoga Course.
ADMISSION FOR 2017 -2018 BATCH