MBBS Program ADYPU – Guyana
Welcome to Ajeenkya D Y Patil University – School of Medicine, Turkeyen, Guyana. A school that draws spirit of innovation and decades of excellence of the D Y Patil Group in the field of medical education. The school of medicine combines progressive healthcare education with outstanding teaching and clinical facilities. The school aims to prepare confident and empathetic doctors ready for the challenges of the evolving world. When you choose us, you are choosing a program that would change your world, and lives of countless others through our innovative curriculum that emphasizes patient-centered teaching; case-based learning and continual clinical experience. We prepare you for real life as a doctor armed with the scientific knowledge, resilience and empathy you would need to thrive in a modern healthcare setting.
ADYPU Guyana inherits the grand legacy of D Y Patil Group, one of the largest private educators in India. The D Y Patil Group is known for creating and managing world-class educational institutes of global repute. The group has a grand legacy of 35 long years of experience in medical, technical, and higher education with 5 universities, more than 200 institutes of higher learning, and more than 1.5 million students who have been benefitted so far. The medical colleges managed by the group are accredited by the Medical Council of India and offer medical programs with more than 20 different specializations and super-specializations. In addition, the group manages big hospitals in Pune, Navi Mumbai, and Kolhapur benefitting thousands of patients daily.
Highlights of ADYPU Guyana
- The first reputed institution from India to offer the best medical education in Guyana.
- A 6-acre campus with 95000 ft. world-class infrastructure, well-connected to the city center, Georgetown.
- State of the art experiential & research-based learning and teaching facilities.
- Experienced & eminent, national and international faculty members.
- Hostel accommodation with a pleasant living experience and healthy food
- Assistance in preparation for PLAB, USMLE, and Exit Test to facilitate career options in countries like India, US, UK, Canada and others.
- High quality medical education at the most affordable fees.
- Multiple advantages over traditional medical colleges in India.
- Emphasis on clinical practice and training and patient management.
- Opportunity to build international network for a bright future and career in medicine.
- Clinical placements to get the exposure of real-life challenges in the medical profession.
- Any examination equivalent to H.S.C. / 10+2 examination from any recognized board or university after 12 years of formal education.
- Admission only through National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET).
Clinical practice is the soul of medical education. One of the key specialties of ADYPU School of Medicine is the early exposure of this important element in the curriculum. The clinical training begins right from Semester 1 and continues through the program with hands-on opportunity and incremental responsibility of patient management. The clinical practice provides the students with the required breadth of experience and inculcates transferable skills in the student essential for success.
Teaching & Learning
ADYPU – School of Medicine, Guyana offers primordial importance to teaching and learning, innovative methods to deliver an exemplary learning experience. World-class teaching methods are used which include lectures, seminars, tutorials, small-group learning, conducting research and independent learning, visits to hospitals and practitioners, full-body dissection, clinical skills laboratory sessions, clinical training with patient contact and learning from the masters around the world through e-learning support.
- Case-based Learning (CBL) approach with smaller groups of students for better experiential learning
- Parallel coordination of theory and practice
- Inculcating essential qualities like inquisitiveness, problem solving mind-set, empathy, interactive, participative and reflective approach
- Nurturing a generation of curious and inquisitive doctors with a positive mindset
While taking up a medical course in India is what every aspirant prefers, the fee considerations, competition and availability of seats in desired colleges, pushes many aspirants to look abroad for options.
Over the years, countries like Russia, Philippines, Germany, and others have become popular choices. But these countries come with many hurdles like longer duration of course, language of instruction not being English, and lack of approval by the Indian Medical Council.
On the other hand, Guyana solves many of these issues and in fact, offers many more advantages to medical aspirants.
- Language of instruction and the first language is English
- 50% community living in Guyana comprises of Indians, which makes for a pleasant neighborhood
- The weather is not extreme and in fact, is much like India
- A safe and secure country which eliminates racial issues faced by Indian students at a few international destinations
- Close to America – Just a 3-hour flight to Miami, that offers a great opportunity to enter USA
Other academic advantages
| Latest and modern infrastructure|| Preparation for exit test while studying|
| Cafeteria with Indian and other food choices|| Experiential program delivery|
| Health facility and on-call doctor|| Tie-up with local and international hospitals for internships|
|||Digital and physical library||||Visa counseling support for international students|
|||USMLE-1 preparation support||||Health Insurance (Annual, for the period in Guyana)|
10 Reasons to choose ADYPU Guyana
- A RICH EDUCATIONAL LEGACY OF 35 LONG YEARS
- LEARN IN ENGLISH
- MODERN INFRASTRUCTURE
- EARLY CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
- EXAM PREPARATION FOR USMLE, MCCEE, PLAB AND FMGE
- GATEWAY TO USA / CANADA
- AFFORDABLE FEES
- INNOVATION IN THE DNA
- UNIQUE AND MODERN TEACHING & LEARNING
- EXEMPLARY STUDENT EXPERIENCE
Ajeenkya D Y Patil University School of Medicine MBBS Program January 2019 Intak
Fees Table (Amount is in USD)
|2||Food and Accommodation||600||7200||32400|
|2||Commencement Fees *||2000|
- Commencement fees are part of 1st year tuition fees
For details, call +91 9620204967 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guyana Campus: Ajeenkya D Y Patil University at Turkeyen, Tract C, Plantation Pattensen, South Railway Embankment, Georgetown, Guyana.
India Office: Charholi Bk. via Lohegaon, District Pune – 412 105, MH, India.