What is J-1 Visa?

A J-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by the United States to research scholars, professors and exchange visitors participating in programs that promote cultural exchange, specially to obtain medical or business training within the U.S.

Who is Eligible for J-1 Visa?


Foreign nationals who are 20 years old or older and can demonstrate how their recent education or work experience aligns with the internship they are pursuing. Applicants must have sufficient financial means to cover travel and living costs as well as possess English language skills necessary to perform their internship duties. Maximum visa length is 12 months.


Foreign nationals in possession of a degree or certification from an international college or university with at least one year of work experience related to J-1 training profession. Other applicants might include those with at least five years relative work experience outside of the U.S. Maximum visa length is 20 months.

What is J-2 Visa?

The J-2 Visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by a consular official at a U.S. embassy or consulate for spouses and dependents (unmarried children under the age of 21) of J-1 exchange visitors who accompany or later join the J-1 holder in the United States.
Who is eligible?

Eligibility for a J-2 Visa depends on the specific exchange program being offered to the J-1 non-immigrant by a sponsor organizations. The exchange categories of au pair, camp counselor, secondary school student and summer work travel do not permit J-2 Visas. In addition, although some categories allow for spouses and/or dependents to accompany a J-1 Visa holder, there are specific programs that do not.
Can I work on J-2 Visa?

In most cases a J-2 Visa holder can seek employment. To work, a J-2 Visa holder must obtain an Employment Authorization Document from the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Money earned by a J-2 cannot be used to support the principal J-1 Visa holder.


Status Verified Application (Application fee of $500)
Current resume or CV
Passport ID (first and last page)
Skype Interview (mandatory)
TOEFL score (55 or higher)/IELTS score (5 or higher)* (IELTS general/academic both acceptable & Scanned copy will do)
Transcripts or Mark-sheets (Scanned copy acceptable)
Degree or Certificate verifying completed program (Interns can submit a Letter of Certification of Enrollment)
Health Insurance (pre-arrival mandatory) (
Certificate of Finance form showing an amount $1000/month (For visa purposes only)

Pre – Screening Fee: INR 5000/-
Status Verified Application fees : $500

This fee covers counseling & identifying candidate’s skills and interests, resume evaluation, resume building & finding the internship/training program that best suits applicant’s profile. Preparing for Interview for various internee positions to find the correct match.
Submit $1000 to finalize and secure position.


•Administrative cost for issuance of DS 2019: This fee covers administrative support provided to the applicant for issuance of visa sponsorship documents; orientation and resources provided to participants in preparation for their arrival to the U.S.; maintenance of the participant’s SEVIS record and on-going support throughout the training program. This fee varies from $800 – $2050 depending on the length of the program and internship/trainee position type.

*Students are defined as currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree program outside the United States.
•SEVIS I-901: $200

Benefits of Internship In USA

Interning with a U.S firm can Kick- start your career in a perfect way
Gain Real- World Experience, skills, get valuable insights into American Business Practices
Chance to network with experienced professionals
Increases your marketability as an internship abroad adds great value on a resume
A chance to get a job offer working in another country
Experience American life & sharpen your English Language Ability
Make Lifelong friends & Enjoy the experience of a Lifetime
Potentially earn a stipend of $2000 or more

Benefits of Internship In USA
You can choose from a diverse range of fields.
You can live and work anywhere in the United States.
You can make your transition from college life to the real world a bit easier.
You can develop a global network.
You will became an applicant that stands out from the crowd.

“International internships are incredibly worthwhile endeavors that everyone should seek out in order to be successful in the rapidly globalizing world of today.”
Inline image 3

“Foster meaningful relationships during your internship abroad, and don’t lose contact with the people you think may be the key to unlocking your dreams!”


Science & Technology
Arts & Culture
Information Media & Communication
Business, Management, Commerce & Finance

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I already have an internship?

You should be able to find a program sponsor from If you need help identifying the most suitable program sponsor, Status Verified would be happy to assist you.
Can my family travel under the same visa?

Family members of qualified candidates who have been approved to travel on a J-1 Visa may apply using a J-2 Visa. Fees for this are different from the J-1 Visa. Please contact the program sponsor you chose to work with for information on fees and application process for J-2 Visas.
How do I extend my visa?

While there are limitations on the length of time that you can stay in the U.S. on a J-1 Visa, our team will work with you to find the best option for extending your time.
Help! I’ve lost my passport.

Don’t worry. One of our staff members can help you with any documentation that has been provided.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

9 + 10 =