Study in India
Today, India is known as a communication hub, and has become popular with international students from all over the world. It is highly attractive due to its forward thinking, its popularity with large multinational companies, and also due to English being the common language of communication. According to Peter Drucker, “India is become a power house very fast, the medical school in New Delhi is now perhaps the best in the world. The technical graduates of Indian Institute of Technology, Bangalore are as good as any in the world. Also India has 150 million people for whom English is their main language so India is indeed becoming a knowledge center”.
Education System in India
The Indian education system is highly similar to that of the anglo saxon countries. The stages are:
Nursery –> primary (class 1 to class 5) –>secondary (class 6 to Class 10) –> Senior Secondary (class 11- Class 12) –> Graduation (Arts & Commerce – 3 years, professional – 4 years, Medical – 5 years,) –> post graduation (1/2 to 3 years)
The Indian education system is currently mainly comprised of primary education, secondary education, senior secondary education and higher education. Elementary education consists of eight years of education. Secondary education lasts four years and senior secondary education is an additional two years of education.
Indian Higher Education
Higher education in India starts after passing the higher secondary education or the 12th standard. Depending on what you study, attaining your degree in India can take three to five years. Postgraduate courses are generally two to three years long. After completing a postgraduate degree, there is the option of continuing on with doctoral studies and research at various educational institutes.
Due to the limited number of universities in relation to the large number of applicants, universities work with affiliated colleges. These provide education and issue degrees under the name of the affiliated university. There are more than 17,000 colleges, 20 central universities, 217 State universities, 106 Deemed Universities and 13 Institutes of National importance in the Indian higher education system. This number is consistently growing as a further 30 central universities, 8 new IITs, 7 IIMs and 5 new Indian Institutes of Science are proposed.
The private sector within Indian higher education is also strong and steadily growing. These institutes offer education at everything from certificate and diploma level to undergraduate and postgraduate education. These private institutions originally started a trend for distance education, which is now very popular throughout India. Today many prestigious Indian Universities offer distance programs and some such as Indira Gandhi National Open University offer only distance programs, and is one of the largest in student enrollment.
India has undergone a paradigm shift owing to its competitive stand in the world. The Indian economy is on a robust growth trajectory and boasts of a stable 8 plus annual growth rate, rising foreign exchange reserves and booming capital markets among others.
India has emerged as a premier global manufacturing hub with the foray of a number of Multi National corporations such as General Motors, Ford, Suzuki, Hyundai, Coco Cola, etc.
The current scenario portrays significant improvement in the performance of beverages and tobacco, cotton textiles, textile products, basic metal and alloy industries, non metallic mineral products, transport equipment and other manufacturing industries.
Global players such as Daimler Chrysler, General Motors, Ford, LG Electronics, Samsung, Sony, Amway, Tupperware, Pepsico, McDonald’s, IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Aviva, Nortel, Nokia among others have benefited from their operations in India and have made expansion plans for the country. The companies plan to expand by way of product diversification, setting up a manufacturing base in India, increasing the existing production capacity, establishing research centres in India, etc.
Education in India has many benefits. Some of them are:
Low Cost: The cost of education in India is quite low as compared to many other countries of the world.
Quality Education: Indian educational institutions such as the IITs, IISc, IIMs, NITs,AIIMS, ISI, BITS and ISB are well known worldwide to provide quality education.
Unique Courses: Apart from above mentioned advantages, one can also study some unique courses that were discovered and developed by the traditional knowledge system of India. Ayurveda, Sankrit, Yoga and Hindi are some such courses that enthuse many international students.
Financial Assistance: Various scholarships, education loans and other financial aids are available for studying in India today.
There are quite a good number of educational institutes in India that can compete with the best educational institutes of the world. The Indian Institutes of Technology were placed 50th in the world and 2nd in the field of Engineering (next only to MIT) by Times Higher World University Rankings. The International league tables produced in 2006 by the London-based Times Higher Education Supplement (THES) confirmed Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)’s place among the world’s top 200 universities. Likewise, THES 2006 ranked JNU’s School of Social Sciences at the 57th position among the world’s top 100 institutes for social sciences. The National Law School of India University is highly regarded, with some of its students being awarded Rhodes Scholarships to Oxford University, and the All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS) is consistently rated the top medical school in the country. Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) are the top management institutes in India. Indian Technical Education is very strong these days and there are several thousand colleges in India which provides technical education.
Rajiv Gandhi Business School ( Pune ) – MBA +
Amity University – Rajasthan ,Jaipur
- Computer Science/ IT
- Fine Arts
- Food Technology
- Hotel Management Hospitality
- Liberal Arts
- Performing Arts
- Psychology & Behavioural Science
RAMAIAH INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES/ SCIENCES(RIMS), BANGALORE
• PGPM + MBA University of Mysore
• SBS Swiss Business School MBA + PGDM(AIMA)
• MBA from university of Mysore
• MBA (Industry Integrated) from Annamalai University
Ramaiah Institute of Business Studies : BBA and B.Com ( Bangalore University )
Ramaiah Institute of Legal Studies : BBA.LLB, BA.LLB
Chitkara University : Chandigarh and Himachal Pradesh
Course details – http://www.chitkara.edu.in/
Srinidhi college of nursing : Bangalore
B B.Sc Nursing , GNM , PB B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc Programs through INC & KNC recognized KARNATAKA STATE DIPLOMA IN NURSING EXAMINATION BOARD,BANGALORE. & RAJIV GANDHI UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES.
BHABHA GROUP OF INSTITUTION (RKDF UNIVERSITY), BHOPAL
DENTAL(BDS) , • DIPLOMA (Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering) ,
• B.E. (CSE/ECE/ME/EE/IT/CIVIL/EEE) , • M.Tech , • MBA , • B.PHARMA ,
• M.PHARMA , • D.PHARMA , • BCA / BBA / B.Com , • D.Ed / B.Ed / M.Ed , • MCA.
RKDF GROUP OF PROFESSIONAL INSTITUTES, INDORE
• M.TECH (Computer Science Engineering/Computer Tech. and Applications/Digital Communications/Thermal Engineering/Power Systems/Structural Engineering/Cyber Security) ,
• B.E. (Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Computer Science Engineering/Electronics & Communications Engineering/Information Technology Engineering) ,
• POLYTECHNIC (Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Computer Science Engineering/Electronics & Communication Engineering) ,
• MBA , • BBA , • MCA , • BCA , • M.PHARM (Pharmaceutics/Pharmacology/Quality Assurance) , • B.PHARM ,
MITCON INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT, PUNE
• PGDM IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
• PGDM IN AGRI BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
• PGDM IN PHARMACEUTICAL MANAGEMENT
NUVA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY, NAGPUR
• M.TECH :- Computer Science & Engineering/VLSI(Design)/Electronics Engineering/Environmental Engineering
• B.E. :- Electronics & Telecommunication/Electronics Engineering/Computer Engineering/Information Technology/Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering
• POLYTECHNIC :- Mechanical Engineering/Electronics & Telecommunication/Civil Engineering
FREE EDUCATION FOR SC/ST/OBC AND MINORITY.
CT GROUP OF INSTITUTION, JALANDHAR
• M.TECH (ECE/ME/CIVIL/CSE) , • POLYTECHNIC DIPLOMA (ECE/CE/ME/AUE/MLT/EE/IT/Civil/Arch.) ,
• B.Sc. (Economics/Agriculture/Medical Lab Sciences/Non-Medical/Hospitality & Hotel Administration/Computer Science/Airlines & Tourism) ,
• M.Sc. (Bio-Tech./Hotel Management/Airlines & Tourism) ,
• BA (Journalism & Mass Communication) , • MBA , • BBA , • B.Com (Professional/Regular) , • M.E. , • B.E. , • B.TECH. (ECE/CSE/ME/EEE/IT/EE/ELCE/AUE/Civil/Food Tech.) , • B.PHARM , • M.PHARM , • PHARM.D , • B.Arch , • D.Arch. , • MCA , • BCA , • M.Sc./B.Sc. (IT) , • BHM & Catering Tech
FREE EDUCATION FOR SC/ST/OBC AND MINORITY.
MILLENIUM GROUP OF INSTITUTION, BHOPAL
• B.E. (ME/CE/EX/EC/CS/IT)
• M.TECH (CS/EC/CE/EX)
• M.PHARM (Ph.Ceutics/Ph.Cology/Ph.Chemistry)
• MBA (Finance/HR/Mkt./IT/Retail)
M.S. ENGINEERING COLLEGE, BANGALORE
• B.E. (Computer Science & Engineering / Electronics & Communication Engineering / Information Science & Engineering / Electrical & Electronics Engineering / Mechanical Engineering)
BRINDAVAN COLLEGE, BANGALORE
• B.Com • BBM • BCA • B.Sc GENETICS • B.Sc BIOTECHNOLOGY • B.Sc MICROBIOLGY • MBA • CA • M.Com • M.Sc. BIOTECHNOLOGY • M.Sc MICROBIOLGY • M.Sc APPLIED GENETICS • M.Sc ORGANIC CHEMISTRY • ENGINEERING(Computer Science/ Electronics & Communication/ it/ Mechanical/ Civil) • M.Tech-Civil Structural Engineering • M.Tech-Mechanical Machine Design • DIPLOMA (Computer Science/ Electronics & Communication/ Mechanical/ Civil)
SIR M VISVESVARAYA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BANGALORE
• B.E. (Civil Engneering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical & Electronics Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering/ Computer Science and Engineering/ Information Science and Engineering/ Biotechnology/ Industrial Engineering and Management ) • M.TECH • MBA • MCA • M.Sc.(Engineering) • Ph.D.
ATRIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BAGALORE
• B.E. (Civil Engneering / Mechanical Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Computer Science and Engineering/ Information Science and Engineering) • M.TECH • MBA
M. S. RAMAIAH UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES, BANGALORE
• B.E. (Civil Engneering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical & Electronics Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Computer Science and Engineering) • B.Design (Produce Design/ Visual Communication/ Fashion Design) • B.H.M.(Bachelor of Hotel Management) • B.Pharm • Pharm.D • BDS • M.Tech • M.Design • MBA • MHA • MBA Hospitality Management • M.Pharm • M.D.S. • M.Com. • M.Sc.
Shanti Business School, Ahmedabad
• Bachelor Of Business Administration • Bachelor Of Computer Application • Post Graduate Diploma in Management • Post Graduate Diploma In Communication • PGDM – Executive Programme
AWADH DENTAL COLLEGE, JAMSHEDPUR
• B. D. S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
• M.D.S (Master of Dental Surgery)